Who We Are
- Velo Valero is the official friends and family cycling team of Valero Energy Corporation. Membership is open to riders of all skill levels who are employees of Valero, their family members and friends, or riders who just want to ride on a good team for a good cause. Our focus on friendship, fitness, safety, and community service represents the best of Valero corporate culture.
- Ride in a respectful, safe, and legal fashion. Cyclists have all the same rights and responsibilities of motorized vehicles in Texas. Velo Valero Team members are highly visible and a public presence for our sponsors in particular and cyclists in general. Keep the roads safe for all users by minding your responsibilities.
- Wear your helmet on all rides.
- Maintain positive relations and interactions with motorists. In conflict situations, cyclists almost never win. It’s better to find a calm and safe resolution or contact authorities if that’s not possible.
- Participate in keeping our team functioning at a high level by dedicating time and energy to team events, rides, and our annual fund raising events such as the San Antonio Tour de Cure and the Bike MS: Valero Ride to the River. Possibilities include participating in team training rides, volunteering for many of our fund raising events, leading regular team rides, organizing or teaching a clinic, social events, and more. As a member of the Velo Team we will enforce the minimum fundraising requirements for all Tour de Cure and Bike MS events.
- Belonging to a group of people who are passionate about cycling at many different levels and in many different disciplines: casual rides, road racing and time trials.
- The opportunity to own one the best looking and bike jersey’s (Thanks Zora!).
- You’ll meet new people from all parts of the company, city and state. Many times there are out of town trips that can take places like wine tasting in Napa or listening to Jazz at Bourbon street. Several rides are scheduled each week which also includes a family friendly ride on Tuesday nights. See our Group Ride Calendar for all the latest events.
- Significant discounts at local cycling shops in San Antonio (requires our team Membership Card).
The views expressed on this blog / web site are those of Velo Bike Team and do not necessarily reflect the views of Valero.